- Education on characteristics of unhealthy groups.
- Identify obstacles in the recovery journey.
- Improve insight & understanding of one's spiritual abuse.
- Develop strategies to find healing, acceptance, & hope.
- Work on coping strategies and action plan for recovery.
- Help in releasing guilt and shame of experience.
- Explore false beliefs and doctrines.
- Understand the mindset of abuser and personality of cultic/spiritually abusive leaders.
- What the Support Group is:
- Opportunity to share in a safe place
- Peer support in a nonjudgmental group
- Basic educational information
- Explain the purpose and guidelines of the support group;
- Determine if the individual can benefit from this support group; and
- Screen out individuals who are posing as former cult members.