- Education on characteristics of unhealthy groups.
- Identify obstacles in the recovery journey.
- Improve insight & understanding of one's spiritual abuse.
- Develop strategies to find healing, acceptance, & hope.
- Work on coping strategies and action plan for recovery.
- Help in releasing guilt and shame of experience.
- Explore false beliefs and doctrines.
- Understand the mindset of abuser and personality of cultic/spiritually abusive leaders.
- What the Support Group is:
- Opportunity to share in a safe place
- Peer support in a nonjudgmental group
- Basic educational information
- What Does It Cost? Just your willingness to come. We do not charge for attendance at the support groups. When Do the Support Groups Meet? The Dallas area support group meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 4:00 to 5:30 pm. We are currently meeting via Zoom. How do I get involved? In order to ensure a safe environment for all participants, an initial telephonic or face-to-face meeting with the facilitators is required prior to attending the support group. The purpose is to:
- Explain the purpose and guidelines of the support group;
- Determine if the individual can benefit from this support group; and
- Screen out individuals who are posing as former cult members.