Doug and Wendy Duncan are available for presentations on cult awareness, spiritual abuse, and recovery. The Duncans have spoken at churches, civic organizations, colleges, and Sunday School classes in the Dallas area, such as graduate classes at Texas A & M Commerce, First United Methodist of Dallas, St. Barnabas Episcopal Church in Garland, Lakepointe Church in Rockwall, Crossroads Presbyterian Church, Greenville Ministers’ Alliance in Greenville, St Mark’s United Methodist Church in Mesquite, and First United Methodist Church of Sachse.
The Duncans have also presented at workshops and conferences, such as Evangelical Ministries to New Religions (EMNR) at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, cult workshops for former members in Omaha, NE and Denver, CO, and multiple conferences of the International Cultic Studies Association.
Specific Topics include:
- Overview of Cults in America
- How do People Get Involved in Cults?
- Ministering To Those Who Have Been In Cults or Who Have Been Spiritually Abused
- Post-Cult Spirituality: Toxic Faith vs. Healthy Faith
- Secular vs. Religious: Identity Issues for Individuals Exiting Bible-based Cults
- Counseling Methods for Former Cult Members
- How Do You Know If You’re In a Cult? How Do You Get Out?
The Duncans are available to host book exhibits and book signings.
Doug and Wendy can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 214-607-1065.
There are no fees for author visits, speaking engagements, or training workshops. The Duncans live in the Dallas metroplex and travel expenses are requested if visits are outside of Texas or overnight stays are necessary.
“Beware of false prophets,
who come to you in sheep’s clothing
but inwardly are ravenous wolves.”
Matthew 7:15 RSV
The Duncans will be presenters at the annual conference of the International Cultic Studies Association in Washington D.C., July 3-5, 2014