Support Group for Former Members of
Cults, High-Demand Groups,
or Spiritually Abusive Groups
Doug Duncan, MS, LPC, is a professional counselor licensed in the state of Texas and practicing in Dallas. Along with his wife, Wendy Duncan, MA, LBSW, Doug facilitates a peer support group for former members of cults and religiously or spiritually abusive groups. The support group offers a safe place for individuals who are attempting to recover from experiences with abusive groups. As recovering former members of an aberrational group, the Duncans are sensitive to the particular concerns of people struggling to overcome the legacy of spiritual abuse.
What the Support Group is:
- Opportunity to discuss experience in a safe place
- Peer support in a nonjudgmental group
- Provides basic educational information
What Does It Cost?
Just your willingness to come. We do not charge for attendance at the support groups.
When Do the Support Groups Meet?
The Dallas area support group meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 3:00 to 5:00 pm.
How Can I Join?
In order to ensure a safe environment for all participants, an initial telephonic or face-to-face meeting with the facilitators is required prior to an invitation to attend the support group. The purpose is to:
- Explain the purpose and guidelines of the support group;
- Determine if the individual can benefit from this support group; and
- Screen out individuals who are posing as former cult members.
Please call 214-607-1065 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information